Back To Home Page

Forum Home     Forum Search     Your Profile / Register     User List     Log In     Log Out     Disclaimer    

Forum Topics > Case Studies > Bruising - Okay or Not? > Post a Reply to this Thread
Bruising - Okay or Not?
alliedsofttissue
alliedsofttissue
RE: Bruising - Okay or Not?
Tue, Jul 05 2016 11:40 PM

Hi All,

Every time a bang a nail into anything it reminds me of my approach to Rx.

Initially is just try to push it in with my own force.

The next time I use a tack hammer.

The next time I use a claw hammer.

The next time I use a club hammer.

The next time I use a sledge hammer.

The next time I use a JACK hammer.

The next time i refer to someone with a bigger hammer.

Bruising is no fun and I am not a tame therapist, I agree with working with the tissue and perhaps forcing it at times to comply also.

Stew
AST

Concordia res parvae crescent

Daisy
Daisy
Wed, Feb 26 2014 6:27 AM

What a shocking article!
Who is the editor for the magazine? Do they actually have an editor? I sincerely doubt it as most of the articles look completely unedited.
The article is contradictory and misleading.

dantheman
dantheman
Thu, Aug 01 2013 4:21 PM

From the AAMT Facebook page:
A great article detailing the growing popularity in Remedial Massage and Cupping , featuring AAMT Committee Member Ian Coward. Click below to read.
http://readnow.isentia.com/Temp/69243704/205817929.pdf

Would hardly call it a great article, or detailed, paints a picture that remedial massage is TCM, has pictures of SBW bruised up and mentions bruising numerous times........ ( although the therapist in the article implies that "migratory cupping results in little or no bruising") and this guy is a committee member.................

biggins
biggins
Wed, Oct 22 2008 5:51 AM

Does anyone intentionally try to bruise their clients? Other than cupping? Not sure why you would, but i'm sure it is a side affect for some - depending on their physiology. Some of the scraping techniques that the US chiro's use (their stainless steel tools that they scrape fascia with - not sure about that) leave intense bruises. Doesn't seem to be any consequences other than a couple of broken blood vessels that have leaked a bit, then healed, then the leaked blood gets removed from the area by the lymph system. Isn't this normal?

Colin, do you have an opinion on cupping?

We are but a piece of one huge puzzle,....recognise it

KrishnaEverson
Sun, Sep 28 2008 5:43 PM

ColinRossie, what do you make of the bruising from cupping?

Krishna Everson

FREE MARKETING TIPS
http://www.healthpracticesuccess.com

Sam
Sam
Sun, Sep 28 2008 8:29 AM

I have a client whom ive never bruised, yet everytime she comes baack atfer shes been to the osteopath she scores some nice bruising..

KrishnaEverson
Thu, Sep 25 2008 5:34 PM

Thanks to everyone who's made a contribution to this topic. More feedback welcomed and all points duly noted.

Krishna Everson

FREE MARKETING TIPS
http://www.healthpracticesuccess.com

inquisitive
inquisitive
Wed, Sep 24 2008 11:06 AM

So what of cupping?

keep it simple stupid

Phoenix
Phoenix
Wed, Sep 24 2008 9:11 AM

Whatever happened to do no harm? Bruising is caused by therapist, therefore therapist needs to be accountable. That's your bruise, you caused it, and so you have left the client in a worse state than before they were treated. (Of course every treatment is very black and white like these statements).

Of course occasionally (and hopefully in every case unintentionally )there may be some bruising. It should be rare though, and should be an unusual reaction to your treatment instead of a usual one. I have seen therapists who bruise everyone they treat in the name of "deep tissue massage". That's what I'm not cool with.

inquisitive
inquisitive
Thu, Sep 18 2008 8:03 PM

I"m all for the technique indication thingo. I live by it - not sure if i'm any good at it however

keep it simple stupid

< Prev Next >